Translate

Sunday, October 21, 2012

why Jesus? :: a beginning


“For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, specially of those that believe.” -- 1 Timothy 4:10




The concept of spirituality ...the answers to why we’re here and why we exist are so intangible and subjective.

I call Him Y’shua, because that was His name, but for the sake of this particular post, I’ll refer to Him by the name He’s best known by here in the West.

The truth is, ultimately, I consciously choose Christ. But I believe I chose Christ because He chose me first. By this, I mean that I was born into an actively Christian family and raised practicing their religion. I personally am not a fan of organized religion (likely to be it's own blog post somewhere down the road), but thanks to having been raised in one, I was introduced to who Jesus is from the onset of this crazy life. And for that, I am forever grateful.

There are many, many, many who were equally fortunate in this regard, but I am who I am and believe what I do today only in part due to this. There are “Christians” and there are Christians- and being a Christian requires conversion. True conversion. And it seems to me that what it takes to truly convert is to have been to hell.

It’s when nothing makes sense that Christ does; just as light is most noticeable when it’s most dark.

And, trust me on this, the only way to fight darkness is to let the light in. Then again, I think science has my back on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment